We did it! Great job making it this far. These 4 weeks have whizzed by, but I know it took some effort.
Here’s what I else I know:
- It hurt. You probably still hurt.
- You are questioning yourself all the time.
- You feel guilty about my jaundice.
- You feel guilty about that scratch.
- You feel guilty about even taking a shower.
- You are freaking out that I haven’t settled into a proper schedule yet, and that today I could be sleeping 4 hours straight but tomorrow I could be nursing for 4 hours straight.
- You google my every rash, bump, mole, scream, cry, yelp, grunt.
- You are already panicking about returning to work from maternity.
- You don’t know when or if things will ever settle.
Well, I want you to know that despite all this, it’s gonna be OKAY.
You’ve kept both of us alive thus far. And statistics show the odds get even better moving forward.
So ease up. Cut yourself some slack. Give yourself some credit even.
Because there’s no such thing as a perfect mum. Nor a perfect baby. But there is such a thing as being present. And being present will help you fully enjoy all the highs (and better support you through any lows) of this journey we’re taking together.
No matter what, you’ve got this. And I’ve got you.